  1. Not sure if this is the correct place to post the problem, but trying to use the HTML help workshop and trying to create the index file automatically. Anyhow I get the error below
    HHC5003: Error: Compilation failed while compiling index.hhk
    Thanks Paul

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Hi Paul,

    microsoft.public.helpauthoring (added) would be a more likely place for
    this one.

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 8, 2004

  3. ok thanks for the information.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bC4=?=, Jun 8, 2004
  4. Hi Ken, I could not find the microsoft.public.helpauthoring news group, just wondering if you could provide a web link, thanks Paul.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=, Jun 8, 2004
  5. I don't see the regular NNTP HelpAuthoring group on the Web newsgroup site,
    but here's a VS.NET Help group. There are great guys like Rob Chandler who
    should be able to help there.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...ft.public.vstudio.helpauthoring&lang=en&cr=US

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 8, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Ulrich Kulle Guest

    Hello Paul,

    > > Not sure if this is the correct place to post the problem, but trying to
    > > use the HTML help workshop and trying to create the index file
    > > automatically. Anyhow I get the error below.
    > > HHC5003: Error: Compilation failed while compiling index.hhk.

    there is a free HTML Help Error Message Reference (CHM format) at:
    http://www.workwrite.com/helpthink/errors_zubak.htm

    <snippet ..>
    HHC5003: Compilation failed while compiling "filename".
    The compiler was unable to compile the specified file into the .chm file. This
    problem may occur if the compiler cannot locate a file referenced in the
    [OPTIONS] section of the project file or a window definition (e.g., the HHC.
    If the problem occurs because a file is missing, you will need to identify the
    file and move it to the intended location. As a best practice to avoid this
    problem, be sure to explicitly add all project files to the project, rather than
    relying on the compiler to pull in the files by reference.
    <snippet end>

    What do you mean with "to create the index file automatically"? An index without
    use of a help authoring tool (HAT) normally is produced by hand..Keywords
    integrating into the HTML code is possible by special statement.. Adding the
    keywords "automatically" is the work of the compiler. One should produce a index
    hhk file if possible with at least one keyword.

    To extract a keyword list from title, meta tags anchor names you can use KIT.
    See
    http://www.help-info.de/en/KIT/index.htm

    HTH

    Best regards
    Ulrich Kulle
    ***************************************
    http://www.help-info.de
    ***************************************

    Ulrich Kulle, Jun 8, 2004
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

    Samuel Guest

    Hi Paul,

    >trying to create the index file automatically

    Do you mean index file(hhk) automatically be created when you add files to
    TOC(hhc)?

    I know some help authoring tool have this feature,
    such as Pocket CHM (http://www.flyskysoft.com)

    Best regards
    Samuel

    Samuel, Jun 8, 2004