Problem with I/O files.

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by dziadek, Jan 27, 2007.

  1. dziadek

    dziadek

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Hi.
    I've got problem with writing signal values to file. I just can't write any data to text file. For example I wrote this code:

    USE STD.TEXTIO.all;

    architecture beh of io is
    signal count : integer range 0 to 8 := 0;

    begin

    process(clk)
    file outfile: text;
    variable f_status: FILE_OPEN_STATUS;
    variable buf: LINE;

    begin

    IF (CLK'EVENT and CLK = '1') THEN
    file_open(f_status, outfile, "myfile.txt", write_mode);
    WRITE (buf, integer'(count));
    count <= count +1 ;
    file_close(outfile);
    end if;
    end process;

    end architecture beh;

    I'm using quartus II, maybe I need to change something in my project settings...
    Please help.
    dziadek, Jan 27, 2007