problem with image rotate RMagick

shawn bright

I cant seem to get an image rotate right.
I am using RMagick to do this.

the source image file is transparent with a single red line.

image = Magick::Image.read('public/images/line.png').first
image.rotate!(degrees.to_i)

the problem is that when i do this, every pixel that was transparent
becomes black.

The docs said that this would be the case, but i cannot seem to find
where to override this to preserve the transparency.

thanks for any tips.

sk

Tim Hunter

Shawn said:
I cant seem to get an image rotate right.
I am using RMagick to do this.

the source image file is transparent with a single red line.

image = Magick::Image.read('public/images/line.png').first
image.rotate!(degrees.to_i)

the problem is that when i do this, every pixel that was transparent
becomes black.

The docs said that this would be the case, but i cannot seem to find
where to override this to preserve the transparency.

thanks for any tips.

sk

Try setting the image's background color to "none" before calling
rotate.