    Any help given, will be greatly appreciated.
    ---
    Kelly D. Jones

    Kelly D. Jones, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Kelly D. Jones

    Ian Guest

    Hi,

    Just to get this straight...you're impersonating in IIS and ASP.NET (and
    this works) but when you call from ASP.NET to SQL Server on another box the
    call fails?

    You can't impersonate across more than one machine. If you need to access
    the SQL box using the security credentials of the impersonated account
    you'll need to set up delgation between the servers. Check out the help in
    Windows - or somewhere like Technet - for more about this. Alternatively,
    use SQL authentication or mirrored accounts on the web server and SQL box.

    HTH

    Ian

    "Kelly D. Jones" <> wrote in message
    > I'm having problems with the following scenerio:
    >
    > I am working with a Windows 2000 Active Directory Domain, of which all
    > the machines/accounts I use are members. I have an XP/IE6 client,
    > connecting to a Windows 2003/IIS 6 web server running .NET 1.1. The web
    > app connects to a SQL Server 2000 on another machine running Windows
    > Server 2000.
    >
    > I've turned on impersonation, which appears to be working correctly.
    >
    > I get an error when I try to retrieve information from the SQL server.
    > Security on the database is correct, for the account that I am logged in

    as.

    Ian, Sep 12, 2003