Problem with installing MySQL-python-1.2.1_p2

Olivier Langlois

Hi,

I have tried to install MySQL-python-1.2.1_p2 under Windows XP with
Python 2.4.3 and I get some problems.

1- I get this warning when I run setup.py build:

C:\tools\Python\lib\distutils\extension.py:133: UserWarning: Unknown
Extension options: 'mysql_root'
warnings.warn(msg)

2- When I compile _mysql.c, there are errors in the file:

DL_EXPORT(void)
init_mysql(void)
if (PyDict_SetItemString(dict, "version_info",
PyRun_String(version_info, Py_eval_input,
dict, dict)))
goto error;
if (PyDict_SetItemString(dict, "__version__",
PyString_FromString(__version__)))

PyRun_String parameter version_info and PyString_FromString parameter
__version__ are not defined. I suspect that they should be surrounded by
double quotes but if I do that and compile _mysql.pyd. When that module
is initialized, python is crashing because PyRun_String returns a NULL
pointer instead of the expected valid PyObject pointer.

Is there anybody that can help me?

Thank you,
Olivier Langlois
http://www3.sympatico.ca/olanglois