Problem with installing MySQL-python-1.2.1_p2

Discussion in 'Python' started by Olivier Langlois, May 24, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I have tried to install MySQL-python-1.2.1_p2 under Windows XP with
    Python 2.4.3 and I get some problems.

    1- I get this warning when I run setup.py build:

    C:\tools\Python\lib\distutils\extension.py:133: UserWarning: Unknown
    Extension options: 'mysql_root'
    warnings.warn(msg)

    2- When I compile _mysql.c, there are errors in the file:

    DL_EXPORT(void)
    init_mysql(void)
    if (PyDict_SetItemString(dict, "version_info",
    PyRun_String(version_info, Py_eval_input,
    dict, dict)))
    goto error;
    if (PyDict_SetItemString(dict, "__version__",
    PyString_FromString(__version__)))

    PyRun_String parameter version_info and PyString_FromString parameter
    __version__ are not defined. I suspect that they should be surrounded by
    double quotes but if I do that and compile _mysql.pyd. When that module
    is initialized, python is crashing because PyRun_String returns a NULL
    pointer instead of the expected valid PyObject pointer.

    Is there anybody that can help me?

    Thank you,
    Olivier Langlois
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/olanglois