problem with internet explorers limit on length of query string

Rahul Aggarwal

Hi,

I was using a get request method to call a page in a different web project.
Bu my query string becomes more than 2083 characters anything more than 2083
characters is stripped off. I can use the POST method to do the same. But
the problem is that in Asp.net the form posts to itself, so if i want to
post an action to a different page then i have to do Request.Redirect("to
some page in different web project"). If i do this then it again becomes a
GET.

Is there a solution to this problem. I would more than appreciate if some
one can help me out.

Thanks
Rahul Aggarwal

Ian Oldbury

i once had a similiar problem and i suggest either reduce the length of the
parameter names used in the querystring or store the information within the
database

Guest

You COULD use HttpContext object

1. You POST to the "wrong" for
2. You pickup the incoming value that is too big for the regular QueryStrin
3. Do this
'having trapped that the value exists in Page_Load..
Me.Context.Items("myQryStr") = thebigvalueyouwan
Server.Transfer("myOtherPage.aspx"

'in the new pag
Dim myBigString As String = Me.Context.Items("myQryString"

This avoids the additional round trip caused by Response.Redirec

C# would be similar I expect..

(e-mail address removed)

Netsharp Ninja

Rahul,
How about the Server.Transfer instead of Response.redirect.
Does this work for you ? As it does not have to goto browser it might take
of your issue.

Hope this help :).

-good luck
programmer