Problem with Java heap size on mac...

Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Learning java in a college course and using DrJava as a compiler. Was working with the picture class to separate a large image into two separate images which required a larger amount of memory than was allocated. DrJava asked me if I wanted to up the heap size, so I did, not really thinking about it.

I think I increased the heap size too far and now whenever I open DrJava, I get the same repetitive error with the title "Interactions Terminated by System.exit(1)" which renders DrJava unresponsive and starts to take up my MBP's full processing power unless I force quit out of DrJava.

I researched a bit and found the "java -XmsXXm -XmxXXm" method of setting heap size, and tried entering that into terminal in a variety of ways to no avail.

I have XP dualbooted on this computer and could try running DrJava on that, but would like to get it to work on Mac also.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mingan