Problem with Javascript and iFrame

Terry

Hello,

http://free.hostdepartment.com/j/javashop/this_works.htm

http://free.hostdepartment.com/j/javashop/this_doesnot.htm

Please take a look of the above two links. The two pages are almost
identical. Each has a slide show, a image loading progress bar and a
message scroller. The message scroller is done with an <iframe>.

The first link works okay with both IE and NS. However, the second one
only works with NS. In IE5 or IE6, the iframe has an error message
"action canceled". Sometimes it works on the first try, but upon
"reload" of this page, the error message shows up or the scroller fails to
start. On the second page, I moved the script for the image
the problem. I can't figure out why the change of the script location can
cause this.

I am hoping to get away from using iframe, but not sure how to make
necessary modifications.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Terry

Terry

and my reply is:
You didn't say what computer. On a Mac with IE 5 it seems to work. With
Netscape 7 the scrolling box does not appear and the progress bar
flashes.

I use Windows 2000. Tried both IE5 and 6 and saw the "action canceled"
message. Sometimes, the "action canceled" message appeared on the second
try-page reload. This works okay in Mozilla 1.4.

Terry