problem with jboss startguide tutorial (dukes bank app)

Markanoid

I follwed exactly the tutorial about deployng the ear file from dukes
bank source.
At the end the ear is done, it deploy without error but when i try to
access the lochalhost:8080/bank/main i recive a page blank and the
jboss console show

11:52:38,369 INFO [EARDeployer] Started J2EE application:
file:/E:/jboss-4.0.0/server/vanoserver/deploy/JBossDukesBank.ear

11:52:57,426 ERROR [Engine] ApplicationDispatcher[/bank]
Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /logon2.jsp(1,1) The absolute uri:
http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be resolved in e
ither web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

11:52:57,436 WARN [FormAuthenticator] Unexpected error forwarding to
login page
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /logon2.jsp(1,1) The absolute uri:
http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be resolved in e
ither web.xml or

Can you help me to understand what is the problem?
tnk

Sudsy

Phoneix said:
hello ,
i am getting the same error,
did u reslove it ?

thanks in advance

But it's telling you the exact problem in the error message!
Look here:

"http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be resolved in either web.xml
or the jar files deployed with this application"

So you must have a JSP file containing something like this:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

Now look at your web.xml file. It SHOULD have an element like this:

<taglib>
<taglib-uri>http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core</taglib-uri>
<taglib-location>/path/to/core.tld</taglib-location>
</taglib>

But it probably doesn't. Adding it (in the right place; refer to the
DTD) should solve your problem.

Note that this requirement is specific to your JBoss implementation;
WebSphere and WebLogic are smart enough to actually go out to the 'net
and pull the TLD since the protocol is specified in the URI. I seem to
recall that Tomcat might even resolve it internally, at least the newer
versions...