Problem with JCombo box

srinivas.veeranki

Hi All,

Here i am getting the problem with JCombobox. Here i am taking 2 combo
boxes. each of them has 11 elements. They have set the initiall
selected items. If I select the first combo then i am setting
setSelectedIndex(0) for 2nd combo. In this , the scrollbar is not
moving to first element or blank element. From the next time onwords,
the scroll bar also moving to the first element. I need to put the
scroll bar at first element when ever i selected the combo box which is
set to first element or null element. Please help me regaurding
this....

Thanks in advance... Here i am giving the code which i tried....

/*
* Main.java
*
* Created on July 17, 2006, 10:31 AM
*/

package Test;
import javax.swing.JComboBox;
import javax.swing.JFrame;
import javax.swing.UIManager;
import java.awt.BorderLayout;
import javax.swing.UnsupportedLookAndFeelException;
import java.awt.event.ActionListener;
import java.awt.event.ActionEvent;
/**
*
* @author srinivasaraov
*/
public class Main extends JFrame{
JComboBox cb1 = new JComboBox();
JComboBox cb2 = new JComboBox();
JComboBox cb3 = new JComboBox();
/** Creates a new instance of Main */
public Main() {
super();
setTitle("Testing of CDBCombo box");
getContentPane().setLayout(new BorderLayout());
setDefaultCloseOperation(EXIT_ON_CLOSE);

cb1.addItem("");
cb1.addItem("One");
cb1.addItem("Two");
cb1.addItem("Three");
cb1.addItem("Four");
cb1.addItem("Five");
cb1.addItem("Six");
cb1.addItem("Seven");
cb1.addItem("Eight");
cb1.addItem("Nine");
cb1.addItem("Ten");

cb2.addItem("");
cb2.addItem("AB");
cb2.addItem("BC");
cb2.addItem("CD");
cb2.addItem("DE");
cb2.addItem("EF");
cb2.addItem("FG");
cb2.addItem("GH");
cb2.addItem("HI");
cb2.addItem("IJ");
cb2.addItem("JKL");
cb1.setSelectedIndex(2);
cb2.setSelectedIndex(3);

cb1.addActionListener(new ActionListener() {

cb2.setSelectedIndex(0);
}
});

cb1.setMaximumRowCount(4);
cb2.setMaximumRowCount(4);
getContentPane().add(cb1, BorderLayout.NORTH);
getContentPane().add(cb2,BorderLayout.CENTER);
//getContentPane().add(cb3, BorderLayout.SOUTH);
pack();
}

/**
*/
try {

UIManager.setLookAndFeel(UIManager.getSystemLookAndFeelClassName());
} catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (InstantiationException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (IllegalAccessException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (UnsupportedLookAndFeelException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}
new Main().show();

Thanks & Regards

Srinivas

Trung Chinh Nguyen

Nothing's wrong here. When I select the first combo the second combo
points to the first element (Which is an empty string). Isn't that what
you expected?

srinivas.veeranki

Hi Chinh Nguyen !
Here 2 nd combo box points to first element but the scroll bar of
the combo box is not moving to first element. I need to move the scroll
bar of combo box should be at the top not in the moddle. It is
happening at very first time only...Thaks for ur reply ... Plz check
once again.....

Srinivas

Trung Chinh Nguyen

I see the problem now. Don't know what to do with it. Maybe it's some
bug in the ComboBoxModel

srinivas.veeranki

Hi !
This required to implement this in my project. Client insists us
to achieve this kind of functionality. I tried various ways but in
vain, Can we solve this kind of bug? If u know Please help me.

Thanks