    Regards,
    /Marcus

    , Jan 31, 2007

  2. <> wrote:
    > I'm developing a small application for my phone, there I need a long
    > list to chose a name of a city.
    > [...]
    > Anyone got any idea how this could be fixed or any alternative to List
    > to display 120 names?

    Best: don't.

    Imagine the user faced with 120 elements in a list on his
    cell phone, and his choice might be the 84th. A nightmare...
    After he has typed the down-button 84 times (in a time where
    he doesn't give up first and choose just any city), his
    thumb probably falls right off ;-)

    Rather add some element to pre-select the items: e.g.
    let him type the first few letters, and only then
    offer the list with filtered cities.
    let him first choose a country or state or region.

    Andreas Leitgeb, Feb 1, 2007

    I could easily navigate by adding listeners for the buttons, so if you
    want a caty starting on K, ju just hit the button 5 which has "JKL" as
    letters..

    But is there any way to display/repaint those items not displayed?

    On 1 Feb, 10:42, Andreas Leitgeb <>
    wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    > > I'm developing a small application for my phone, there I need a long
    > > list to chose a name of a city.
    > > [...]
    > > Anyone got any idea how this could be fixed or any alternative to List
    > > to display 120 names?

    > Best: don't.
    >
    > Imagine the user faced with 120 elements in a list on his
    > cell phone, and his choice might be the 84th. A nightmare...
    > After he has typed the down-button 84 times (in a time where
    > he doesn't give up first and choose just any city), his
    > thumb probably falls right off ;-)
    >
    > Rather add some element to pre-select the items: e.g.
    > let him type the first few letters, and only then
    > offer the list with filtered cities.
    > let him first choose a country or state or region.

    , Feb 1, 2007