Problem with many items in List (jme)

the_znail

I'm developing a small application for my phone, there I need a long
list to chose a name of a city. Right now am I using List and add all
names to the list (120 names), but this seems like a bad idea since
many of the names are not drawn properly (no text at all for that
selection).

Looks like:
(Invisible City1)
City2
City3
City4
(Invisible City5 to City120)

Anyone got any idea how this could be fixed or any alternative to List
to display 120 names?

Regards,
/Marcus

Andreas Leitgeb

I'm developing a small application for my phone, there I need a long
list to chose a name of a city.
[...]
Anyone got any idea how this could be fixed or any alternative to List
to display 120 names?

Best: don't.

Imagine the user faced with 120 elements in a list on his
cell phone, and his choice might be the 84th. A nightmare...
After he has typed the down-button 84 times (in a time where
he doesn't give up first and choose just any city), his
thumb probably falls right off ;-)

Rather add some element to pre-select the items: e.g.
let him type the first few letters, and only then
offer the list with filtered cities.
let him first choose a country or state or region.

the_znail

I could easily navigate by adding listeners for the buttons, so if you
want a caty starting on K, ju just hit the button 5 which has "JKL" as
letters..

But is there any way to display/repaint those items not displayed?