Problem with Pop Up and Netscape 7.0

Christina Joch

My Website (Template) uses JavaScript to create a pop-up window in the
gallery.
With IE it works fine, but not with my Netscape 7.0.
No Pop up apears.

In the script I found the line:

if (browser_type == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && (browser_version >=
4) && (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows") != -1)) {

has it something to do with not working?
Thanks a lot
Christina

McKirahan

Christina Joch said:
My Website (Template) uses JavaScript to create a pop-up window in the
gallery.
With IE it works fine, but not with my Netscape 7.0.
No Pop up apears.

In the script I found the line:

if (browser_type == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && (browser_version >=
4) && (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows") != -1)) {

has it something to do with not working?
Thanks a lot
Christina

Netscape 7.0 No Pop up apears.

if (browser_type == "Microsoft Internet Explorer"

Wait, wait, it'll come to you...

RobG

Christina said:
My Website (Template) uses JavaScript to create a pop-up window in the
gallery.
With IE it works fine, but not with my Netscape 7.0.
No Pop up apears.

In the script I found the line:

if (browser_type == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && (browser_version >=
4) && (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows") != -1)) {

has it something to do with not working?

Very likely, however without seeing a bit more code it's hard to
propose a solution. Do you have a link to the web site? Or can you
post a bit more code that shows what the browser detection is trying to
achieve?

If it's something useful, then a feature detection method can almost
always be substituted that is far more reliable. Otherwise, it likely
can be ditched altogether.

RobG

Christina said:
The URL is
<http://www.fotografisches.at>
Thanl you very much
Christina

I tried the site in Netscape 7.2 and it seems to work fine. Do you
still have the problem? The bit using browser detection seems to be
just looking for IE and should not affect the general use of the site.

I can't see that making the pop-ups fixed size helps at all, it means
you have to scroll in Netscape to reach them. In IE, they are
frequently hidden and you can't scroll to them.

The link behind your banner goes to index.htm, which appears to be
broken - perhaps it is actually called default.html?

Changing the link to <URL:http://www.fotografisches.at/> should fix it.

Incidentally, I like the look of the site and the photography is great!

Christina Joch

I´ve downloaded also Netscape 7.2 now and it works with it.
But with Netscape 7.0 it didn´t work.
But I don´t know why.
Thanks
Christina