    has it something to do with not working?
    Thanks a lot
    Christina

    Christina Joch, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Christina Joch

    McKirahan Guest

    "Christina Joch" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My Website (Template) uses JavaScript to create a pop-up window in the
    > gallery.
    > With IE it works fine, but not with my Netscape 7.0.
    > No Pop up apears.
    >
    > In the script I found the line:
    >
    > if (browser_type == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && (browser_version >=
    > 4) && (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows") != -1)) {
    >
    > has it something to do with not working?
    > Thanks a lot
    > Christina

    Netscape 7.0 No Pop up apears.

    if (browser_type == "Microsoft Internet Explorer"

    Wait, wait, it'll come to you...

    McKirahan, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Christina Joch

    RobG Guest

    Christina Joch wrote:
    > My Website (Template) uses JavaScript to create a pop-up window in the
    > gallery.
    > With IE it works fine, but not with my Netscape 7.0.
    > No Pop up apears.
    >
    > In the script I found the line:
    >
    > if (browser_type == "Microsoft Internet Explorer" && (browser_version >=
    > 4) && (navigator.userAgent.indexOf("Windows") != -1)) {
    >
    > has it something to do with not working?

    Very likely, however without seeing a bit more code it's hard to
    propose a solution. Do you have a link to the web site? Or can you
    post a bit more code that shows what the browser detection is trying to
    achieve?

    If it's something useful, then a feature detection method can almost
    always be substituted that is far more reliable. Otherwise, it likely
    can be ditched altogether.

    --
    Rob

    RobG, Dec 2, 2004
  4. The URL is
    <http://www.fotografisches.at>
    Thanl you very much
    Christina

    Christina Joch, Dec 2, 2004
  5. Christina Joch

    RobG Guest

    Christina Joch wrote:
    > The URL is
    > <http://www.fotografisches.at>
    > Thanl you very much
    > Christina
    >
    > RobG schrieb:
    >
    >>Christina Joch wrote:
    >>
    >>>My Website (Template) uses JavaScript to create a pop-up window in the
    >>>gallery.
    >>>With IE it works fine, but not with my Netscape 7.0.
    >>>No Pop up apears.

    I tried the site in Netscape 7.2 and it seems to work fine. Do you
    still have the problem? The bit using browser detection seems to be
    just looking for IE and should not affect the general use of the site.

    I can't see that making the pop-ups fixed size helps at all, it means
    you have to scroll in Netscape to reach them. In IE, they are
    frequently hidden and you can't scroll to them.

    The link behind your banner goes to index.htm, which appears to be
    broken - perhaps it is actually called default.html?

    Changing the link to <URL:http://www.fotografisches.at/> should fix it.

    Incidentally, I like the look of the site and the photography is great!
    --
    Rob

    RobG, Dec 2, 2004
  6. I´ve downloaded also Netscape 7.2 now and it works with it.
    But with Netscape 7.0 it didn´t work.
    But I don´t know why.
    Thanks
    Christina