Problem with preloading page in hidden div

Andy Dingley

Joel said:
Uh ... Yeah, that's a good point. I don't have a strict definition in
front of me, but I believe it's reasonable to say that well-formedness
includes points such as elements that require end tags, having end tags,

Close, but still no cigar.

Is the intaweb so short of half-baked partially correct answers that
people have to keep posting more of them? There's a whole pile of
reference material out there - if you don't know, or you aren't damned
sure you're right, or even if you just _aren't_ right, then either look
it up first or put a sock in it.

Alan J. Flavell

Uh ... Yeah, that's a good point. I don't have a strict definition
in front of me,

Then you should make it your business to do so, before putting digits
to keyboard again.
but I believe it's reasonable to say

The definitions of validity and well-formedness are not a matter of
"belief".

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, Joel Shepherd
Uh ... Yeah, that's a good point. I don't have a strict definition in
front of me, but I believe it's reasonable to say that well-formedness
includes points such as elements that require end tags, having end
tags, proper nesting of elements, and proper key-value-separator
syntax for attributes. It wouldn't include points such as specific
element and attribute names, logical nesting rules (e.g., p can
include span but not vice-versa), order and frequency of certain
elements such as html, head and body, and so on. The latter go beyond
well-formedness and are the province of the validator.

Clearer?

Let me analogize. Well-formedness is a quality of body-shape and validity
is if she's married or not. However, when the former is more obviated than
the latter, some people just don't care.

Joel Shepherd

Okay, and thank you, Andy, for not taking advantage of several
opportunities to help clear up that confusion.
The definitions of validity and well-formedness are not a matter of
"belief".

If you were to parse that phrase carefully, you would see that there is
no such implication.

Now that you've corrected me, how about putting some digits back on the
keyboard, and clearing up the OP's confusion as well. You are more
qualified to do so, and it's a shame to withhold knowledge and
understanding that you are fortunate enough to have acquired.

Andy Dingley

Joel said:
Okay, and thank you, Andy, for not taking advantage of several
opportunities to help clear up that confusion.

If you can't Google it, I can't teach it.