Problem with sending URL in email

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tshad, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I have a URL I am trying to send to a user that contains some parameters
    that are in the current page.

    if not Session("RegisterReturnURL") is nothing then
    stemp = "&ReturnURL=" & Session("RegisterReturnURL")
    end if
    stemp = UserName.Text & stemp
    trace.warn("stemp = " & stemp)

    body = "Your Temporary Password is " & password1.text & "<br>" & "for
    UserName: " & UserName.text & _
    "<br><br>To complete your registration, please go to our <a
    href='http://www.st.com/applicant/secure/welcome.aspx?UserName=" & stemp &
    "'>Login Page</a>"

    The above trace gives me:

    stemp = clowe&ReturnURL=/applicant/secure/DisplayResume.aspx?s=1&p=252

    What gets sent is what I would expect:

    http://www.st.com/applicant/secure/...applicant/secure/DisplayResume.aspx?s=1&p=252

    But when I mouseover the link it shows:

    http://www.st.com/applicant/secure/...eturnURL=/applicant/secure/DisplayResume.aspx

    What happened to the parameters????

    It actually goes out correctly, but why doesn't the mouseover show the
    parameters?

    Thanks,

    Tom

    tshad, Jun 23, 2006