problem with setup.py

Discussion in 'Python' started by andrea valle, Sep 17, 2005.

  1. andrea valle

    andrea valle Guest

    Hi to all,
    and sorry for cross-posting.

    I'm having troubles with installing packages.
    I'm on macosx 10.3.8 and I have activestate python 2.4

    For example, pyrtf an pyx.
    it is the first time I install packages so pardon me if it's obvious.

    I call python from terminal, I pass the absolute path of the setup.py
    with command install, and results are always:
    error: $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch: now "" but "10.3" during
    configure

    For example with pyrtf:

    apples-Computer:~ apple$ python
    /Users/apple/Desktop/PyRTF-0.45/setup.py installrunning install
    error: $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET mismatch: now "" but "10.3" during
    configure

    What should I do? I guess I have to hack some configuration, but don't
    know which.

    Thanks a lot

    -a-

    Andrea Valle