problem with subprocess

gabrielmonnerat

Hi all,

I need start a openoffice in Xvfb, but when I call with the DISPLAY
occurs this error:

[root@localhost oood]# Xvfb :99 -screen 0 1024x768x24 &

In [9]: subprocess.call('/opt/ooo-dev3/program/soffice.bin')
Out[9]: 0

In [10]: subprocess.call('DISPLAY=:99 /opt/ooo-dev3/program/soffice.bin')
OSError Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/gabriel/<ipython console> in <module>()

/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.pyc in call(*popenargs, **kwargs)
442 retcode = call(["ls", "-l"])
443 """
--> 444 return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
445
446

/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.pyc in __init__(self, args, bufsize,
executable, stdin, stdout, stderr, preexec_fn, close_fds, shell, cwd,
env, universal_newlines, startupinfo, creationflags)
593 p2cread, p2cwrite,
594 c2pread, c2pwrite,
--> 595 errread, errwrite)
596
597 # On Windows, you cannot just redirect one or two
handles: You

/usr/lib/python2.6/subprocess.pyc in _execute_child(self, args,
executable, preexec_fn, close_fds, cwd, env, universal_newlines,
startupinfo, creationflags, shell, p2cread, p2cwrite, c2pread, c2pwrite,
errread, errwrite)
1104 os.waitpid(self.pid, 0)
1105 child_exception = pickle.loads(data)
-> 1106 raise child_exception
1107
1108

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I am using subprocess because I need store the pid. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance,

Gabriel M. Monnerat