    application from my program in order to avoid this problem?

    Regards,

    Vic
    Vic Russell, Feb 8, 2007

  2. Vic Russell

    Ron Bergin Guest

    On Feb 8, 9:36 am, "Vic Russell" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am launching an external program as follows (Windows XP OS):-
    >
    > system 'start', 'notepad.exe';

    [snip]

    http://search.cpan.org/~jdb/libwin32-0.26/Process/Process.pm
    Ron Bergin, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Vic Russell

    Vic Russell Guest

    Thanks Ron, I will investigate.

    Vic Russell, Feb 12, 2007
  4. Vic Russell

    Vic Russell Guest

    Hi Michele,

    I only used Notepad as a specific example. Actually we are using a document
    differencing program but it was significant that Notepad caused the same
    symptoms.

    Vic Russell, Feb 15, 2007