problem with tabnanny

Discussion in 'Python' started by m3tr0@dei.unipd.it, Sep 10, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Hi to all,

    tabnanny module seems not to work (at least for me)
    Please write this two lines of code in a file (i called
    it test.py)

    #---------8<---- test.py -------------

    if 1:
    print "error"

    #---------8<------ end test.py -------

    If I try

    $ python test.py
    File "/home/pier/test.py", line 2
    print "error"
    ^
    IndentationError: expected an indented block

    and this is correct. But the following
    $ python /usr/lib/python2.2/tabnanny.py -v test.py
    '/home/pier/test.py': Clean bill of health.

    for tabnanny it's correct!?
    I've tried this also with python 2.3 compiled from source
    with the same results.

    Any ideas
    (Pease cc the mail to m3tr0 at dei.unipd.it)

    Best regards