    Can anyone help me finding where Microsoft defined the URL format that the
    IIS (4.0) accepts?
    I have already searched the RFC's.
    msnews.microsoft.com, Jan 12, 2004

  2. msnews.microsoft.com

    Lasse Edsvik Guest

    why not:

    a=request.querystring("a")
    b=request.querystring("b")
    if a<>"" then
    qstr="a="&a
    end if
    if b<>"" then
    if qstr<>"" then qstr=qstr&"&"
    qstr=qstr&"b="&b
    end if

    response.redirect("somepage.asp?"&qstr)

    /Lasse

    "msnews.microsoft.com" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am having a problem that the gateway I am working with removes the "="
    > sign from values in the postfield that are empty.
    > Example:
    > page.asp?aa=&ff=&xx=12
    > become:
    > page.asp?aa&ff&xx=12.
    > When I query the string and request the value of xx through IIS, it

    returns

    Lasse Edsvik, Jan 12, 2004

  3. msnews.microsoft.com

    MSFT Guest

    Hello,

    Thank you the post. As my understanding, you want to remove "=" in the
    querystring if a item has null value. However, the "=" is necessary for an
    item in the query string. If you don't want it, you compose a custom string
    like Lasse suggest.

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    MSFT, Jan 12, 2004
  4. msnews.microsoft.com

    MSFT Guest

    Hello,

    After review your post again, I realize I may misunderstand the problem.
    The query string has been changed by your gateway, and IIS can't handle it.
    Is this correct?

    Actually, the query string is not processed by IIS. This text is processed
    by ISAPI filters, such as ASP or ASP.NET. In this problem, it is processed
    by ASP.DLL.

    Regarding the problem, if we can't change the setting of gateway, there are
    two work around:

    1. Before send request to IIS, we need to remove the unnecessary "=". For
    example, from

    page.asp?aa=&ff=&xx=12

    page.asp?xx=12

    2. Write IIS ISAPI filters which provide the capability of pre-processing
    and post-processing of all data sent between the client and the server. For
    more inforamtion, you may refer to following articles:

    ISAPI Server Extensions and Filters
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/devprods/vs6/visu
    alc/vccore/_core_isapi_server_extensions_and_filters.htm

    Hope this help,

    MSFT, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Thanks. That is the answer I was looking for. Will try that.

    msnews.microsoft.com, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Thanks. That is the answer I was looking for. Will try that.

    msnews.microsoft.com, Jan 14, 2004