Problem with Web Matrix I Think

lsumnler

I have started to work through Teach Yourself ASP.Net in 24 hours. The
problem that I have noticed is - When I place a textbox Web Control on
the screen and then try to change the "ID" in the property window it
does not retain the change to the ID. Example (ID) = AutoText1 I
change it to loanAmount and press enter it goes right back to
AutoText1. The only way I can change it is by right clicking on the
textbox control and selecting "edit tag" and changing the name their.
Then my change is retained and I can see the change in the properties
window. I know this is a free tool and all but I would think this
should work. It is highly possible I don't have some setting correct
but I am a newbie and have know idea what to change.

I am using the latest version of Web Matrix.

Len Sumnler

Guest

Just like to add my support and say I'm having this problem too, all google
seems to do is throw up people with the same problem and no resolution.

Somebody please help us!

Arnab Banerjee

Please send the details about
1.WebMatrix Version (0.5 or 0.6)
2.Operating System.
3..NET framework version

i am using WebMatrix But never face such problem.
and Dont press enter.Better change the cursor position
(click the mouse anywhere).