Problem with xml.load & xsl.load in JSP

David Shen

Hello,

I am working with Bea Websphere 6.1 on Unix.
I load an xml file in my jsp page.

I can load an xml file from the web application directory.
However, I would like to load an xml file from the "/tmp" directory
and it fails.

The only thing I can think of is security. I should be able to do the
below in client side javascript in a .jsp page, correct? Any
suggestions would be greatly welcome in pinpointing the problem.

Thanks

David ([email protected])

My client side javascript code:

var testSuiteXML = new ActiveXObject("microsoft.XMLDOM");
testSuiteXML.async = false;
testSuiteXML.load("/tmp/" + fileName);