Problem with xml parser

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by debraj, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. debraj

    debraj Guest

    Hi All,

    While trying to get a script to diff two xml files, I stumbled upon
    XML::SemanticDiff and the example alongwith it .
    But while running the script I am getting the following error :

    Couldn't open encmap windows-1252.enc:
    No such file or directory
    at /lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/XML/Parser.pm
    line 185

    Can anyone suggest, why I am getting this ?The path to the above
    Parser.pm exists .

    Or IF there is any better solution to diff two xml files (obviously
    using perl)from the command line ?

    Thanx
    Debhatta

    debraj, Sep 15, 2003

  2. debraj

    Bart Lateur Guest

    debraj wrote:

    >Couldn't open encmap windows-1252.enc:
    >No such file or directory
    > at /lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris-thread-multi/XML/Parser.pm
    >line 185
    >
    >Can anyone suggest, why I am getting this ?The path to the above
    >Parser.pm exists .

    Yes, but not the file"windows-1252.enc".

    Hmm... I have it here, under the name "cp1252.enc". I'm not sure I
    didn't create it myself.

    There are at least two ways you can create such a file. The data source,
    in any way, is the text files under
    <http://unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/>, for this particular file (which
    describes the standard Windows character set) is
    <http://unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WINDOWS/CP1252.TXT>.

    The official way to create it, as you can see here:

    <http://search.cpan.org/src/MSERGEANT/XML-Parser-2.34/Parser/Encodings/README>

    is to use a script that comes with the module XML::Encoding on CPAN,

    <http://search.cpan.org/author/COOPERCL/XML-Encoding-1.01/>

    The second way is slightly more manual, it is by using a script I wrote
    years ago and which you can find here:

    <http://bumppo.net/lists/macperl-modules/2000/04/msg00017.html>

    Wow. History repeats itself. :)

    --