problemes with asp .net

Elena

I am new to ASP. NET, I can't seem to get my code to work. I am having
problems updating a database through a data grid. below is the error I
receive and below that the code.

Thanks in Advance,
Elena.

Parameter @employee_first_name has no default value.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Parameter
@employee_first_name has no default value.

Source Error:

Line 48: cmd1.Parameters.Add("@employee_number", intEmpNo)
Line 49: connTSA.Open()
Line 50: cmd1.ExecuteNonQuery()
Line 51: connTSA.Close()

CODE:

<%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" Debug="true" %><%@ Import
Namespace="System.Data" %>
<%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.OleDb" %>

<Script Runat="Server">

Dim connTSA As OleDbConnection
Dim conStr As String
Dim strSql As String

Sub Page_Load()
conStr = "Provider=Microsoft.JET.OLEDB.4.0;data
source=C:\TSATrackerDB.mdb"
connTSA = New OleDbConnection(conStr)

If Not IsPostBack Then
BindDataGrid()
End If
End Sub

Sub BindDataGrid()

connTSA.Open()
strSql = "Select * from Employee"
Dim cmd As New OleDbCommand(strSql, connTSA)
DataGrid1.DataSource = cmd.ExecuteReader
DataGrid1.DataBind()
connTSA.Close()

End Sub

Sub datagrid1_EditCommand(ByVal s As Object, ByVal e As
DataGridCommandEventArgs)
DataGrid1.EditItemIndex = e.Item.ItemIndex
BindDataGrid()
End Sub

Sub datagrid1_UpdateCommand(ByVal s As Object, ByVal e As
DataGridCommandEventArgs)
Dim intEmpNo As Integer
Dim FirstText as TextBox

If IsValid Then
intEmpNo = DataGrid1.DataKeys(e.Item.ItemIndex)
FirstText = e.Item.FindControl("employee_first_name")
strSql = "Update Employee Set employee_first_name=@employee_first_name
where employee_number=@employee_number"
Dim cmd1 As New OleDbCommand(strSql, connTSA)
dim objParam as OleDBParameter

objparam = cmd1.parameters.add("@employee_number", OleDBType.Integer)
objparam = cmd1.parameters.add("@employee_name", OleDBType.Char)

'cmd1.Parameters.Add("@employee_first_name", FirstText)
'cmd1.Parameters.Add("@employee_number", intEmpNo)
connTSA.Open()
cmd1.ExecuteNonQuery()
connTSA.Close()
DataGrid1.EditItemIndex = -1
BindDataGrid()
End If
End Sub

Sub datagrid1_CancelCommand(ByVal s As Object, ByVal e As
DataGridCommandEventArgs)
DataGrid1.EditItemIndex = -1
BindDataGrid()
End Sub

</Script>

<form runat="server">
<asp:DataGrid
ID="DataGrid1"
OnEditCommand="DataGrid1_EditCommand"
OnUpdateCommand="DataGrid1_Updatecommand"
OnCancelCommand="DataGrid1_CancelCommand"
DataKeyField="employee_number"
AutoGenerateColumns="False"
CellPadding="10"
HeaderStyle-BackColor="Salmon"
Runat="Server">

<HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="center" BackColor="#E8EBFD"
ForeColor="#3D3DB6" Font-Name="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"
Font-Bold="true" Font-Size="smaller" />
<ItemStyle BackColor="#F2F2F2" Font-Name="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif" Font-Size="smaller" />
<AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="#E5E5E5" Font-Name="Verdana, Arial,
Helvetica, sans-serif" Font-Size="smaller" />
<FooterStyle HorizontalAlign="center" BackColor="#E8EBFD"
ForeColor="#3D3DB6" Font-Name="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"
Font-Bold="true" Font-Size="smaller" />
<PagerStyle BackColor="white" Font-Name="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif" Font-Size="smaller" />
<Columns>
<asp:EditCommandColumn
ButtonType="LinkButton"
CancelText="Cancel"
EditText="Edit"
HeaderText="Edit"
UpdateText="Update"
Visible="True"/>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="employee_number"
HeaderText="Employee Number"
ReadOnly="true"
Visible="True"/>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="employee_first_name"
HeaderText="First Name"
ReadOnly="false"
Visible="True"/>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="employee_last_name"
HeaderText="Last Name"
ReadOnly="false"
Visible="True"/>
<asp:BoundColumn DataField="task_assigner"
HeaderText="Task Assigner"
ReadOnly="false"
Visible="True"/>
</Columns>