    right path information manually?

    Thanks a lot for all possible help!

    Ying

    lin ying, Dec 28, 2003

  2. lin ying wrote:
    > Hi, all
    >
    > I tried to install modules I downloaded from CPAN to my private
    > directory. But those modules need to use other modules. How can I once
    > for all download all required modules in their correct calling
    > hierarchy? Should I download every module one by one and figure out
    > right path information manually?

    CPAN will download and install all the required dependencies if you
    let it.

    Chris Mattern

    Chris Mattern, Dec 28, 2003

  3. Chris Mattern wrote:
    > lin ying wrote:
    >> How can I once for all download all required modules in their
    >> correct calling hierarchy?
    >>

    > CPAN will download and install all the required dependencies if you
    > let it.

    I.e. CPAN.pm will. Check out the documentation for that module.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Dec 28, 2003
  4. lin ying

    lin ying Guest

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote in message news:<bsmi22$ecuhd$-berlin.de>...
    > Chris Mattern wrote:
    > > lin ying wrote:
    > >> How can I once for all download all required modules in their
    > >> correct calling hierarchy?
    > >>

    > > CPAN will download and install all the required dependencies if you
    > > let it.

    > I.e. CPAN.pm will. Check out the documentation for that module.

    Thanks for this information. Because I don't have root permission to
    install modules to perl path, I can't use CPAN to install the required
    dependencies for me.

    Any other way to bypass this permission restriction? Thanks!

    Ying

    lin ying, Dec 28, 2003
  5. lin ying wrote:
    > Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
    >> Chris Mattern wrote:
    >>>
    >>> CPAN will download and install all the required dependencies if
    >>> you let it.

    >> I.e. CPAN.pm will. Check out the documentation for that module.

    > Thanks for this information. Because I don't have root permission
    > to install modules to perl path, I can't use CPAN to install the
    > required dependencies for me.

    What made you reach that conclusion? Did you study the POD for
    CPAN.pm? Did you follow the advice in item 5) in the POD FAQ? Did you
    fail when doing so?

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Dec 28, 2003