Problems on Pop-up window

Newbie

Hello, I want to ask something about popup window...

when a popup window is appear, how can I force users to focus on it?
P.S. I mean that not just focus once only(not onLoad(this.focus)..)

And..

If users do not close the popup window, they can't move to other IE
P.S. I want to make a popup window just like a javascript error/confirm message box

thank you for solving my problems m(_ _)m

Newbie said:
Hello, I want to ask something about popup window...

when a popup window is appear, how can I force users to focus on it?
P.S. I mean that not just focus once only(not onLoad(this.focus)..)

And..

If users do not close the popup window, they can't move to other IE
P.S. I want to make a popup window just like a javascript error/confirm message box

thank you for solving my problems m(_ _)m

Thankfully - can't be done to prevent folk like you from abusing/taking
control of someone's system... If you want to have some thing like a
confirm/error message box, then use one...

If a user does not want to see something - you shouldn't be forcing it
upon them - its bad practice - it sounds like you want to hood wink your
users in to doing something they don't (and/or might never want) to do
in which case you can rank yourself, and your purpose in life right up
there with penis enlargers and get rich quick scams.

Matt Kruse

message box
Thankfully - can't be done to prevent folk like you from abusing/taking
control of someone's system...

Don't be ridiculous. Just because someone wants a popup window that blocks
doesn't mean they want to abuse someone's system. No more than throwing up
an alert() message is controlling someone's system.
If a user does not want to see something - you shouldn't be forcing it
upon them

Again, that's stupid. Should you never use alert or confirm?

To the original poster, depending on your environment and browser
requirements, you could check into IE's ability to show modal dialogs. This
will make a "popup window" which you can populate yourself, and will stay
focused until the user takes some action which closes it.