Problems starting J2EE server

Discussion in 'Java' started by jorgemcsantos@bol.com.br, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi!

    I am trying to use J2EE SDK with OpenLDAP for Windows (
    http://www.ilex.fr/openldap/), nevertheless by starting the J2EE server
    I get the following error:

    C:\>j2ee -verbose
    J2EE server listen port: 1050
    Naming service started:1050
    javax.naming.ConfigurationException: Invalid URL: ldap://localhost:389.
    Root exception is java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol:
    ldap
    at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:586)
    at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:476)
    at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:425)
    at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.getStringifiedIor(CNCtx.java:401)
    at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.initOrbAndRootContext(CNCtx.java:198)
    at com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.<init>(CNCtx.java:69)
    at
    com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory.getInitialContext(CNCtxFactory.java:32)
    at
    javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:662)
    at
    javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:243)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:219)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:195)
    at
    com.sun.enterprise.naming.NamingManagerImpl.<init>(NamingManagerImpl.java
    :104)
    at
    com.sun.enterprise.naming.NamingManagerImpl.<init>(NamingManagerImpl.java
    :82)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.J2EEServer.run(J2EEServer.java:240)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.J2EEServer.main(J2EEServer.java:972)
    javax.naming.ConfigurationException: Invalid URL:
    ldap://192.168.0.250:389. Root exception is
[...]

    java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid URL: ldap://localhost:389
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.J2EEServer.run(J2EEServer.java:346)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.J2EEServer.main(J2EEServer.java:972)

    J2EE server reported the following error: Invalid URL:
    ldap://localhost:389
    Error executing J2EE server ...

    My environment is composed of :

    Windows 2K professional
    Cloudscape
    J2EE 1.3.1 SDK
    OpenLDAP for windows (http://www.ilex.fr/openldap/)

    I have tried find an answer through google, but I couldn't succed!
    Does anyone have any clue?

    Thanks in advance

    , Jan 4, 2005