problems with ASP

RG

We have serveral web servers in a farm. They appear to be configured exactly
the same. We have asp 1.1 installed on the machines without the service pack
1 for .net installed. Several web servers are working properly and one is
not. From what I can find out is that the Temporary ASP .NET Files Folder
saves compiled web pages so that the next time they are viewed it uses the
information stored in this folder, which makes the web pages faster. On the
two machines working the Temporary ASP.NET files folder is full of stuff and
on the machine the Temporary ASP.NET Files folder doesn't contain much at
all. Does anybody have any suggestions of what the problem may be. I don't
understand much about ASP.

RG

Thanks for helping out. There are two problems that I can't identify or
explain very well.

1 - We have monitoring on our web servers. We have 3 web servers in a farm
behind an F5 bigip doing load balancing. We are getting high ASP.NET
execution times from the one server we're having problems with. I'm not
familiar with that but our developers were saying it was because the pages
were being compiled every time they are accessed instead of using the cache
from the Temporary ASP.Net Files folder. The developers state that there
code from web server to web server is exactly the same so there are having a
hard time pinning down the problem.

2 - As I mentioned the web farm is behind a F5 bigip load balancer. Every
once in a while will get an alert from the F5 saying that it is taking the
machine out of the load balancer because it's lost contact with the website.
We have the F5 querying an aspx page on each of the servers every few
minutes. The one were having problems with gets taken out of the load
balancer randomly. It might happen once every 4 hours or once in a day.
It's totally random.