    The input string also contains sequences like "=FC" for some german
    Umlauts. I am looking for a class transforming this to something readable.

    Thank you, Jan.

    Jan Kastorp, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Jan Kastorp

    Roland Guest

    On 16-6-2005 17:13, Jan Kastorp wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > maybe someone here can give me hint.
    >

    > My input is a string that contains sequences like
    > ....=?ISO-8859-1?Q?blabla?=....
    >
    > Is there a class that translates this to something useful?
    >
    > The input string also contains sequences like "=FC" for some german
    > Umlauts. I am looking for a class transforming this to something readable.
    >

    > Thank you, Jan.

    I only know this from being used in mail messages, but I can't remember
    its name. "Quoted Printable" or something. Yep:
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable>

    Apache's Jakarta project seems to have a decoder for it
    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=%22Quoted+Printable%22+decoder+java>
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ` ___ ___

    Roland, Jun 16, 2005

  3. Jan Kastorp

    Jan Kastorp Guest

    Thanks :).

    The org.apache.commons.codec.net.QCodec class solved my problem.

    Jan Kastorp, Jun 16, 2005