Problems with code behind

Fabio Negri Cicotti [MCP]

Hi,

I have an application written in vb.net /sql server 2000. I am hosting a
test site with a hosting company that offers shared ssl. They have created a
directory for me and I have copied my pages into this directory. Until this
point everything worked just fine, however, since moving the pages to the
ssl directory I get the following message

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'WebApplication1.Login'.

I have contacted the host company who says that to counter the problem I
need to ditch the global.asax file and put all the code in-line i.e. not
code behind. I have a lot of pages and code and the thought of doing this
does not fill me with joy.

I have tried to copy / move the bin to be a subdirectory of the directory
where the pages are but alas this has made no difference. I have copied a
straight html page to the directory just to make sure everything works
without code and it did...

Has anyone seen this / provide some advice?

Thanks in advance,

Fabio Cicotti

Tampa.NET Koder

If the folder your aspx file are contained is not a virtual directory then
you will get this error. Find our from your hosting if they can make this a
virtual directory. If not, then at the root directory of your web space
create the bin folder there and place you .dll in there. Your aspx files
can stay where they are in a seperate folder if you like. Also, make sure
that your hosting company supports codebehind using .dll's