problems with content-type?

Guest

Okay. I have an aspx file that I'm sending to the user by writing it to the response stream as binary data. I set the content-type to be "application/msword

The user sees it, life is good. The document is being created by a Page called ReportViewer.asp

When the document starts downloading, it asks the user if they want to Save/Open a document called "ReportViewer.doc" (note, the browser knows its a word doc and creates teh appropriate extension on its own)

When the user tries to send the document by selecting File ">> Send >> Page By Email..." the email gets generated and the document is attached, but the attached file is called "ReportViewer" without a file extension. When the recipient gets the email, they are prompted for the application that should open the file. If the user selects MS Word, then everything works

Here's my question. Initially, the browser knows its a .doc extension. It can open the file without a problem, but when the mail message is sent, it loses the file extension. How can I make sure that the file extension is placed on the file when the user sends the file via email? I know there's probably not much I can do at a scripting level for this, but I was wondering if there's some sort of prorpietary META tag that I don't know about