Problems with ElementTree and ProcessingInstruction

Kent Tenney

Howdy,

I want to generate the following file;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet mystyle?>
<leo_file>stuff</leo_file>

How should I be doing this?

As far as I can tell, ElementTree() requires everything
to be inside the root element (leo_file)

Thanks,
Kent

Gabriel Genellina

At said:
I want to generate the following file;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet mystyle?>
<leo_file>stuff</leo_file>

How should I be doing this?

open("filename","w").write('<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>\n'
'<?xml-stylesheet mystyle?>\n'
'<leo_file>stuff</leo_file>\n')

:)
As far as I can tell, ElementTree() requires everything
to be inside the root element (leo_file)

Just keep the first two lines on my example...

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Kent Tenney

'<?xml-stylesheet mystyle?>\n'
'<leo_file>stuff</leo_file>\n')

Right.

I can use ElementTree.write('filename') and
prepend the instructions to the resulting file.

It leaves me curious as to the purpose/usage of
ProcessingInstruction()

Thanks,
Kent