Problems with Events in the placeholder control

rs

Hi,

I have a placeholder control, which I populate dynamically with one of
the web user controls depending upon some criteria. I have a data grid
and a drop in the the user control.

The way it should work is, when a value in the drop down control(in
the web user control loaded in the place holder control) is selected
the data grid should load information accordingly.

This is not happening. DB Grid always gets the value for the first
item in the drop down control. For some reson when the page reloads
the very first item is selected.

I have EnableViewState = true.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
RS

Joyjit Mukherjee

Hi,

See, logically what happening is, the Grid is only able to get the value
from the DropDown at Postbacks, so it is getting the first item everytime.

Tha catch is, try to fill the Grid in the DropDown's selectedindexchanged
event, And i think you're done.

Regards
Joyjit