Problems with file upload on a network drive mapped on the web server

Hrvoje Vrbanc

Hello all,

I have a web server in a domain and would like to upload files using an
ASP.NET application that resides on the aforementioned server but the
destination folder for upload is a shared folder that is located on a
different server within a trusted domain.
I have tried everything I could come up with: I mapped the shared folder as
the "Z:" drive on the web server, I used UNC name and IP address as the
possible paths in the ASP.NET script but I couldn't upload anything.
Permissions were set to everyone full control in the test phase, but I keep
getting "Could not find a part of the path \\192.168.101.204\...." error.
Is there a way to do such an upload?

Thank you in advance,
Hrvoje Vrbanc

try to add a user with the same name (eg. iuser_<machine>, from your WEB
server on your FILE server)
(with the "fileserver" user having same <machine> as your webserver)..

Agge