Problems with FlexGrid Control

Ado

Hello !

This is the problem I am currently facing. I read your contribution &
am sure you would be in a position to guide me. I am interested in
using the Microsoft FlexGrid in an asp page.

The problem I face is described below.

I have created an Intranet application in ASP and have used FlexGrid
control in it.

I created a cab file with the flex grid's ocx file included in it. I
have used codebase and the correct path in the object tag. The grid
works fine on all clients that have Visual studio installed in it, but
on clients that do not have Visual studio it fails to load. I have
checked the windows registry The Ocx file gets downloaded & registered
in the client but fails to be displayed in the ASP page.

The error I get is at the line where I first set the value row of the
flexgrid. The message is "Object doesn't support this property or
method 'Row ' ".

The code written to display the Grid (the object tag) is given below.

<OBJECT id="MiaFlexGrid" style="heigth: '100%'"
classid="clsid:6262D3A0-531B-11CF-91F6-C2863C385E30" VIEWASTEXT>
<PARAM NAME="_ExtentX" VALUE="26035">
<PARAM NAME="_ExtentY" VALUE="13653">
<PARAM NAME="_Version" VALUE="393216">
<PARAM NAME="Rows" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="Cols" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="FixedRows" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="FixedCols" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="RowHeightMin" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="BackColor" VALUE="-2147483643">
<PARAM NAME="ForeColor" VALUE="-2147483640">
<PARAM NAME="BackColorFixed" VALUE="-2147483633">
<PARAM NAME="ForeColorFixed" VALUE="-2147483630">
<PARAM NAME="BackColorSel" VALUE="-2147483635">
<PARAM NAME="ForeColorSel" VALUE="-2147483634">
<PARAM NAME="BackColorBkg" VALUE="8421504">
<PARAM NAME="GridColor" VALUE="12632256">
<PARAM NAME="GridColorFixed" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="WordWrap" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="Redraw" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="AllowBigSelection" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="ScrollTrack" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="Enabled" VALUE="-1">
<PARAM NAME="RightToLeft" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="TextStyle" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="TextStyleFixed" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="FocusRect" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="HighLight" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="FillStyle" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="GridLines" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="GridLinesFixed" VALUE="2">
<PARAM NAME="ScrollBars" VALUE="3">
<PARAM NAME="SelectionMode" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="MergeCells" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="AllowUserResizing" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="PictureType" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="BorderStyle" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="Appearance" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="MousePointer" VALUE="0">
<PARAM NAME="GridLineWidth" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="FormatString" VALUE="">
<PARAM NAME="OLEDropMode" VALUE="0">
</OBJECT>

Thanx with regards

Ado

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

I'm not surprised you're having problems putting a windows form control onto
a web form, which is a bit like trying to fit a square peg into a round
hole. You'd probably be better off using one of the many available web
based grid controls. They don't require your users to have the .NET
framework installed like the current FlexGrid does.

You can check to see if the user has the .NET Framework installed with using
this line:

Request.Browser.ClrVersion

If they don't have it installed then you'd need to instruct them to install
it if you're determined to use FlexGrid.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

Ado

have you some link where i can download some web based grid controls?

thank for you interest,
Ado