problems with li float:left

mark | r

http://sicl.neue.co.uk/demo.htm

(im part way through building this page so its a mess but ive gotten so far
so bare with me)

i have a problem with ul and li. i have 4xli floating left in an ul, the div
surrounding the ul has a blue background, the blue background doesnt show
unless i have something after the /ul (in the above case i used a 1px gif)
anyone know how to fix it?

best way to see what i mean is to view the page in both ie and moz, moz
shows the error even with the 1px gif

also when i put the nav un ul/li the gifx have a top border on them ? wierd
stuff

thanks

paulhiles

have you tried using a height setting for the blue background image?
I tried playing around with it in Firefox using the EditCSS extension.

Try adding this to your CSS:

#iflash{margin:5px 0 0 0;padding:5px 5px 10p
5px;height:240px;background:url(images/iflashbg.gif) bottom cente
#3E3961 no-repeat

-
paulhile

mark | r

Try adding this to your CSS:
#iflash{margin:5px 0 0 0;padding:5px 5px 10px
5px;height:240px;background:url(images/iflashbg.gif) bottom center
#3E3961 no-repeat}

but what happens if they increase the text size?

mark