Problems With mod_perl On Apache 2.0

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Hal Vaughan, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. Hal Vaughan

    Hal Vaughan Guest

    I'm using Apache 2.0 on Debian Linux. I've installed mod_perl and I can see
    the links for perl.load and perl.conf in /etc/apache2/mods_enabled. My
    perl.load is like this:

    LoadModule perl_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so

    <Directory /var/www/perl >
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
    </Directory>

    I've also tried "/perl" for the directory, but it makes no difference. At
    this point I'm not doing anything fancy. I just need to test some scripts
    that will later be uploaded to a server. At this point, I just need to get
    it working on my own system quickly so I can get a few scripts tested (as
    opposed to writing, uploading, testing, then editing, uploading...).

    I've searched on this, but not found much helpful on it. When I point my
    browser to http://localhost/perl/script, I get the source for the script.
    If I add ".pl" to the script name and put that in the browser address bar,
    Firefox tries to download the program.

    Any help, info, or a link or two is much appreciated.

    Hal
    Hal Vaughan, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Ruey-Cheng Chen, Apr 8, 2006