Problems with pasteHTML

colinhumber

I'm running this line of code:

oTarget.pasteHTML(formattedHtmlText);

where oTarget is a text range object.

When formattedHtmlText is, say, "<STRONG><BUTTON
class=placeHolder>[[ContAmt]]</BUTTON>&nbsp;text</STRONG>" the HTML is
pasted properly and the UI is changed accordingly.

However, if formattedHtmlText is "<BUTTON
class=placeHolder>[[ContAmt]]</BUTTON>&nbsp;text" the HTML is not
pasted and there is no change in the UI.

The text is being pasted into a <div> tag.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Randy Webb

commercial said the following on 9/20/2005 3:57 AM:
you can not paste a 'class'

a class hangs on higher interpretation.

------------------------

also' your' &nbsp; [non breaking space]

is indication,that you have not even a clue
about markup.

And your reply is indication that your IQ is smaller than your foot size.

What does that have to do with anything? Other than your lack of
intelligence?
======================

Let's call your question the jamaica sway

Lets call your answer "stupid".

<--snip-->

--
Randy
Question: Why?

colinhumber

Well, a couple things. First off, what class are you talking about? The
formatHtmlText is a string. Second, the &nbsp; was put in there
automatically by the IE HTML engine, not me.

Daniel Kirsch

Randy said:
That is totally hilarious with all things considered, now go away.

Especially considering that you did not answer my question.

messages like that in several newsgroups. My message
was only a request to not give him any attention and a link to a
description "why not".
I didn't want to offend anyone else - especially not you.

Cheers
Daniel

Randy Webb

Daniel Kirsch said the following on 9/23/2005 6:50 AM:
messages like that in several newsgroups. My message
was only a request to not give him any attention and a link to a
description "why not".
I didn't want to offend anyone else - especially not you.

None taken.