problems with popup blockers and opening 2 windows

amessimon

Hi

I have a issue where i need to open two popup windows at once.
I'm finding this works fine in firefox, IE, and most other browsers, but im
getting caught by popup blockers.
Paraphrased my code is basically .....

this.....

calls this....

function clickit() {
newwindow2 = window.open("page.html");
newwindow1 = window.open("page2.html");
}

newwindow1 gets blocked

It seems to get blocked by the Yahoo popup blocker, probably others as well.
Does anybody know a way round this?

Thanks in advance

amesimon

VK

Popup blockers have been made to stop the poppers: no matter how badly they
would want to trash out users' screens.

try {
var w = window.open(myNastyPopUp);
}
catch (e) {
// at least IE on SP2 returns a security exception
// not sure about others though
window.alert('How did you dare to stop my pop-ups?! What\'s your number?');