Problems with popup window

TheDude5B

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple popup window which will display details
about a product.

So far i have been trying the javascript idea:

<script language="jscript">

function popup()
{
window.open(.........)
}

</script>

then on an asp:linkButton, i call this funtion with an OnClick action.

i also am including a vb.net file as the code behind.

i get the error

'popup' is not a member of 'ASP.myfilename_aspx'.

is there a way in asp.net (vb) to produce a sized popup window?

thanks

S. Justin Gengo [MCP]

TheDude,

I have a javascript object that I give away for free (with source code)
there's a demo here: http://www.aboutfortunate.com?page=javascriptdemo
You'll want #5.

It contains a few commonly used javascripts one of which is a pop-up window.
The original code is a .net 1.1 project, but it's easily converted to 2.0.
I'm meaning to convert all the code samples on my site to 2.0 but just
haven't had time yet.

Anyway if you grab that source code it will let you easily hook up a popup
window to almost any control you'd like.

If you need to convert the code and have any trouble or just have a question
feel free to contact me (anyone).

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Mark Rae

then on an asp:linkButton, i call this funtion with an OnClick action.

Which means that when you click the LinkButton you're causing a postback.
Either change the LinkButton to a regular HTML button, or add the "onclick"
attribute to the LinkButton so that when the user clicks it it runs the
client-side JavaScript function instead of trying to run a server-side
function