    network printers don't work.

    I don't know how to do it.
    Is there somebody how has some solution.
    Baczek, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Baczek

    ShadowFRJ Guest

    Did you have any luck with this. I've got issues too with getting both
    "Access denied" and "The RPC Server is unavailable" errors. The latter error
    occurs (using ASP.NET) in the StandardPrintController.OnStartPrint() method
    call.

    I've set up impersonation with the <identity> tag in the web.config file.
    This allowed me to get to some printer information, but not to print.

    Can anyone summarize the requirements / permissions for printing to a local
    and network printer in ASP.NET?

    - Shadow

    ShadowFRJ, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Baczek

    Guest

    It's the authentication problem. The default ASP_NET user does not have
    privilege to access anything besides local. You have to use
    impersonation with a user with sufficient privilege to print it.

    ShadowFRJ, you are doing the right thing. Check your account and see if
    it can print. it should work.

    I've deal with this problem before, but at the end I think I didn't go
    the networking route.
    Instead I have a webservice installed on the printer's computer and
    have the information sent there.
    , Nov 19, 2005