Problems with py2exe for python 2.3 beta

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jamie, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a wxPython application that I'm packaging with py2exe. I've
    encountered a couple of problems with the latest py2exe with the latest
    python and wxPython releases, and was wondering if any of you have had a
    similar experience. The version for python 2.2 works like a charm.

    - I've included "-p encodings" in the command line flags, but still get the
    "no codec search functions registered" error at runtime.
    - py2exe is now including tcl files as dependencies, whereas these weren't
    required in the python 2.2 version.

    Also, I was hoping to use the archived executable to do imports with the new
    zip import feature - is there any reason why this wouldn't work as opposed
    to importing it from a regular zip file?

    Many thanks,

    Jamie
    Jamie, Jul 7, 2003