Problems with Python/Pycrust on SUSE 8.2

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Joyce, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. Daniel Joyce

    Daniel Joyce Guest

    When I try and run pycrust, I get...

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/pycrust", line 4, in ?
    from wxPython.lib.PyCrust.PyCrustApp import main
    File
    "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/lib/PyCrust/PyCrustApp.py", line
    8, in ?
    from crust import CrustFrame
    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/lib/PyCrust/crust.py",
    line 8, in ?
    from filling import Filling
    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/lib/PyCrust/filling.py",
    line 9, in ?
    from wxPython import stc
    ImportError: cannot import name stc
    Segmentation fault

    idle gives:

    But continues to run, though I don't know if any features are broke.

    WX is installed, there is a stc.h
    Is there a recompilation step I can do?
    DO I need the new WXPython release?
    I checked YAST2 for update patches, but SUSE has no published fix.

    -Daniel Joyce

    ----
    The Meek shall inherit the Earth,
    for the Brave are among the Stars!