Problems with Python/Pycrust on SUSE 8.2

Daniel Joyce

When I try and run pycrust, I get...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/pycrust", line 4, in ?
from wxPython.lib.PyCrust.PyCrustApp import main
File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/lib/PyCrust/PyCrustApp.py", line
8, in ?
from crust import CrustFrame
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/lib/PyCrust/crust.py",
line 8, in ?
from filling import Filling
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/lib/PyCrust/filling.py",
line 9, in ?
from wxPython import stc
ImportError: cannot import name stc
Segmentation fault

idle gives:

But continues to run, though I don't know if any features are broke.

WX is installed, there is a stc.h
Is there a recompilation step I can do?
DO I need the new WXPython release?
I checked YAST2 for update patches, but SUSE has no published fix.

-Daniel Joyce