    lost and it contains no data.

    I would be very grateful for advice of how to do error searching .

    /k

    kurt sune, Jul 1, 2008

  2. kurt sune

    Munna Guest

    Munna, Jul 1, 2008

  3. kurt sune

    John Rivers Guest

    Do not use ASPX

    it is a flawed design - not meant to be used for professional web
    applications

    instead use IHttpHandler and build a sensible application

    that way you won't need to battle against a bad architecture that adds
    complexity and limitations but gives nothing in return

    John Rivers, Jul 1, 2008
  4. kurt sune

    densial Guest

    On Jul 2, 5:00 am, John Rivers <> wrote:
    > Do not use ASPX
    >
    > it is a flawed design - not meant to be used for professional web
    > applications
    >
    > instead use IHttpHandler and build a sensible application
    >
    > that way you won't need to battle against a bad architecture that adds
    > complexity and limitations but gives nothing in return

    you are SO going to have to justify those statements.

    densial, Jul 1, 2008
  5. kurt sune

    kurt sune Guest

    kurt sune, Jul 2, 2008
  6. kurt sune

    John Rivers Guest

    > you are SO going to have to justify those statements.

    This forum is full of people struggling to do simple things with a
    broken architecture.

    I have 15 years commercial web development experience and I would not
    consider using ASPX pages for any project.

    IIS is good - ASP.NET HttpHandlers are good - ASPX is junk.

    ASPX is Microsoft's (failed) attempt at creating a Windows Forms type
    development experience for Web Applications.

    they are trying to "dumb down" web development to make it easy for
    amateur developers such as web design agencies, bedroom coders and
    "the bloke in IT"

    but they made tragic mistakes in the architecture:

    - forcing people to use javascript
    - not supporting redirect after state change
    - a ridiculous object model and event model

    The end result is a system that actually makes web application
    development harder and produces sub-standard results.

    My solution is to create my own parser and code generator - replacing
    the ASPX page handler completely with an intelligent one.

    I can develop highly sophisticated web applications targetting
    multiple browsers with full interactive AJAX at ten times the speed of
    an ASPX developer.
    Plus my applications conform to best practices in enterprise class web
    applications that have been refined over the last 15 years.

    Can you find me one top-grade public web application that uses ASPX ?

    DELL uses ".aspx" extensions - but look closely - behind the scenes
    they are not using ASPX !

    Can you show me one bank that uses ASPX for its online banking ?

    You won't find any - because at that level they can not afford to use
    flawed sub-standard technology.

    I feel sorry for people who lack the experience to question the
    validity of ASPX and waste their time and energy using it.

    I am always happy to be proved wrong - if you can provide URLs of a
    ASPX web app that isn't a joke I will eat my words.

    John Rivers, Jul 2, 2008