Problems with XMLHttpRequest multipart/x-mixed-replace

Wilfred Nilsen

I am using the Mozilla XMLHttpRequest in multipart/x-mixed-replace mode
such that the server can push data to the client.

The problem that I encountered is that the onload event listener does
not trigger if the server pushes data too frequently to the browser. I
presume the new data replaces the old data before the JavaScript onload
event listener gets a chance to execute.

This is most likely a BUG in the browser. Just thought I should ask here
before sending a BUG report.

Thanks,
Wilfred

Martin Honnen

Wilfred said:
I am using the Mozilla XMLHttpRequest in multipart/x-mixed-replace mode
such that the server can push data to the client.

The problem that I encountered is that the onload event listener does
not trigger if the server pushes data too frequently to the browser. I
presume the new data replaces the old data before the JavaScript onload
event listener gets a chance to execute.

This is most likely a BUG in the browser. Just thought I should ask here
before sending a BUG report.

You can always file a bug on bugzilla. It will help to get the bug fixed
if you provide a test case and some more details. How often do you push
when Mozilla fails to load a response part? Does onerror fire in that case?

Wilfred Nilsen

I am using the XMLHttpRequest object as a way to send asynchronous data
from a server to the client. The data can be sent at any time, thus the
time between two packets can therefore be zero. Initially, 4 packets are
sent with no time delay between the packets. The onload event listener
triggers for the first packet only.

/Wilfred

Martin Honnen

Wilfred said:
I am using the XMLHttpRequest object as a way to send asynchronous data
from a server to the client. The data can be sent at any time, thus the
time between two packets can therefore be zero. Initially, 4 packets are
sent with no time delay between the packets. The onload event listener
triggers for the first packet only.

As said, you can file a bug on bugzilla.mozilla.org.