ProcessPostData

Jeremy

How do I go about tracing what occurs between ProcessPostData and
ProcessPostData Second Try.

Reason is that is takes nearly 2 seconds between these events.

Thanks
Jeremy

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

Page_Load happens in the middle :) Can you describe your page whatsoever
more exactly if you have problems?

Brock Allen

Have you enabled tracing on your page?

<%@ Page Trace=true ... %>

And you can write to the trace by calling Trace.Write("Something")

Jeremy

Teemu said:
Hi,

Page_Load happens in the middle :) Can you describe your page
whatsoever more exactly if you have problems?

Teemu,

Its very strange but basically a Dynamic Grid is executing code without
being told to. I will try to explain

Here is the trace output

aspx.page Begin ProcessPostData
aspx.page End ProcessPostData
FIN_ASSESS PAGE_LOAD START
FIN_ASSESS PAGE_LOAD END
CLASS_LIST List PAGE_LOAD BEGIN
CLASS_LIST List PAGE_LOAD END
TASSESS Create TAssessmentDetails and populate Details
aspx.page Begin ProcessPostData Second Try aspx.page End
ProcessPostData Second Try

Fin_Assess is the actual page that loads. Contained within is a User
Control called Class_List. I have put debug statements at the start and
end of each procedure.

My question is how can I trace the call to the
TAssessmentDetails.Create Method.

It is supposed to happen but only during a PostBackEvent as follows

aspx.page Begin Raise PostBackEvent
STUDENT_LIST On Student Change BEGIN
STUDENT_LIST Change Student DataBind
FIN_ASSESS STUDENT Changed BEGIN
TASSESS Create TAssessmentDetails and populate Details
FIN_ASSESS STUDENT Changed END
aspx.page End Raise PostBackEvent

So you can see from the trace that the call to the Create Method is
happening twice, which causes slowdown.
I am storing the TAssessementDetails in a Session object for round
trips.
Any help appreciated.
Jeremy