profiling code

Andrea Crotti

I would like to automate some kind of performance profiling, to see if
the application (and possibly pieces of it) becomes slower/faster and why.

So I did something like this, where the statement passed also called
parse_arguments,
which is nice because I can run the other script with the normal options.
But how do I pass arguments to the performance analyser script then?

def profile_startup():
# just run something from inside here
code =
compile('Develer(parse_arguments()).full_run(test_only=True)',
'dev_main', 'exec')
results = 'profiled.prof'
runctx(code, globals(), {}, filename=results)