profiling qt programs

Duim

I'm trying to get a qt program a little faster by looking at the most
expensive functions.

To find out which functions are most important I wanted to profile the
application using cProfile module.

Unfortunately this runs through the complete code in 1 go without
waiting until all threads (or in whatever way QT is running), are
finished.

Is there a way to globally profile all running python functions?

I saw in this mail http://old.nabble.com/cProfile-and-threads-td29458757.html
mention of a profile.enable()/disable() function. Or is this "wishful
thinking/mailing"?