Programmer font

Den

As we all know, python uses underlines and double underlines as
significant characters. But fonts, including programmers' fonts,
generally design underlines to run together. This makes it hard to
identify single from double, or double from triple underlines (at
least for me).

I have modified the droid Sans Mono font to provide underlines which
may be distinguished from each other. (I also augmented the slashed
zero to be more to my liking). Give it a try. If you like it,
great. If not, no big deal.

http://code.google.com/p/droid-sans-mono-py/

Den

James Mills

Operating systems where programmers get to make decisions generally
don't have this problem :) Using GNOME on Debian, the default Monospace
font has underscores which show as distinct characters separated by a
small gap.

On my desktop at home which runs CRUX (http://crux.nu) I use
the Terminius (1) fonts which I installed myself.

I find this font especially nice for both Terminals and Editing code.

cheers
James

1. http://terminus-font.sourceforge.net/