Progress bar

Simon

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to display a progressbar while
(We developped our application in Caché (intersystems), some functions need
some time to
calculate&display data, in the mean time I don't want users to stare at an
internet explorer in whitch nothing happens, i want them to see that
something is happening and even better, the status of loading.)

I saw on the internet that javascript won't work because it has no insight
to the bytes
received. (But ok, i can do without that information.)
I've tried to use an animated gif, (same gif you see when starting windows
for example), or just the text: "please wait...", but then the problem is
that although I can hide and show it through Javascript, it won't be shown
before the page is completely loaded. In a script i show the text: please
wait. In the body i use the onload-event to hide the text but that wont work
because the script won't be executed before the onload event is triggered.

I can't find a way to trigger an onbeforeload-event. (For the script that
displays Please wait)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Simon

[...]