    1) Run code in ASP page.

    2) Prompt user for download of external txt file after code is finished
    running.

    Andrew Henry, Jul 20, 2005

  2. What do you mean by "external"?

    To force a download prompt for a file that might otherwise open directly in
    the browser (e.g. TXT, HTM, JPG etc) see http://www.aspfaq.com/2161

    Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP], Jul 20, 2005

  3. Andrew Henry

    Andrew Henry Guest

    By external I mean it's on the same server instead of being the ASP file
    itself. (I've tried making an ASP page that tricks the browser and
    downloads as a txt file, but it doesn't meet the specifications of the
    application). The link you've given me seems to be what I'm looking for
    though, thanks!

    Andrew Henry, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Andrew Henry

    Bullschmidt Guest

    And another option would be to put the text files into zip files and
    then simply link to those...

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance ASP Web Designer
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Jul 21, 2005